The First Free Methodist Church of Allegany (now Creekside Chapel) was founded in August of 1860 as one of the first Free Methodist churches in existence. The church moved from the village of Allegany to its current location on Five Mile Road in 1985. In its 160 year history the church has had 60 pastors, including former conference superintendent, Mitch Pierce. God has surely brought this congregation through good times and bad and has a purpose for it going forward.